Friday, July 3, 2020

Another Thrifted $20.00 Console

Here is another score from last weekend, yes the same weekend I picked up the $20.00 Xbox 360



We walked into a different Savers, and in their glass case was a Nintendo DS Lite in a little pink suit case. It came with 5 games, a separate soft case, the charger, Gameboy Advance game slot cover and some headphones. But, No Stylus...... No problem, of course I have a stash of Styli at home. It also had a hand written note that stated Works $24.99. When I asked a clerk if I could look at it, she said it works, and that she was just playing with it. 


I took the DS out of the case, and as I opened it I notice that it was in very good shape! It powered on and both screens looked great with no problems. Plus it had 5 games, a couple were good games. Once I got up to the register there was an older gentleman who asked if I was excited to play with my new console. I made nice and said of course. As we made small talk while he was ringing me out, he also gave me the 20% Savers discount. So I ended up getting it for only $20.00!

I have this exact same DS Lite in my personal collection

Nice Shape

GBA Slot works

DS slot works


Will be selling Zoo Tycoon 2, the rest are keepers.


After playing with it for a bit, I factory reset the console for the next person


Yep, I only bought this to keep a few of the games and to resell the console. After perusing comparable eBay SOLD listings, I estimate I should be able to recoup around $75-80.00.
More money to go out thrifting with.

Update: 
I sold the DS Lite for $50.00
I sold Animal Crossing for $18.00
I sold Zoo Tycoon 2 for $10.00
I traded the Pink case for a complete copy of Professor Layton and the Curious Village,
        - I sold just the Game Cartridge for $12.50

I originally paid $20.00, sold the stuff I did not need or want for about $90.00 Minus the original $20.00 investment spent, I made $70.00 and kept a couple games. That's how we like to do it!!







No comments:

Post a Comment