Sunday, August 2, 2015

Recent Video Game Pickups 8/1/15 Edition


Wow, been a few weeks since my last post, Been Busy. Anyway, thought I would share a few of my recent pickups, had a few good scores, got a few games I have been looking for, and a few just cause.


Picked this up at Goodwill, on the way home from work one night last week. I like the Rainbow Six games, it is Complete and in Great shape. 


 I also had a pretty good Sega Game Gear haul. Since I got the Game Gear last month, I had never had one before and I started to look at some Game lists for the system, and saw there was a Road Rash for it! The Sega Road Rash games are one of the best and my favorite game series, so I had to have it!

 One Thursday evening I saw a Craigslist ad for a lot 6 Sega Game Gear games for $20.00, And it included Road Rash, as well as the first Sonic the Hedgehog game as well. I want to get all the Sonic games on the Game Gear also. Anyway, the guy had had the ad up for awhile (a few months) so I shot him an email and said I see you have had the ad up for awhile (he had been renewing the ad), and offered $10.00 cash. He replied that he had to have $20, I replied thank you, I was going to pass.

 The next day (Friday) I came home from work, to find he had emailed me again stating he would take $15. I really didn't wanna pay $15 either, as I was really only interested in 2 of the 6 games, so I just ignored and deleted the email. Then the day after that (Saturday) He again emailed and said ok, $10 but it had to be that day. I replied back no problem, would be there in 20 mins (had to run to the bank and get cash) as he was literally only 3 minutes away. Met up with him, and here's what I got!


Not a Sports game in the Lot! Sonic Chaos was an extra, as I had got that with the Game Gear Lot I got last month (Click HERE for that post). Funny thing is, I picked this up a two weeks ago, and still haven't played Road Rash.

 This last week, I saw an ad for a Sega Genesis lot that included a model 1 Genesis system and 12 games, One of them being first Road Rash. If you have not read my Sega Genesis post from a few months ago, Click HERE. Road Rash is one of my top 6 games for the system that are, for me, a Must Have! If those 6 games were the only games I had for the system, I would be perfectly happy.

 Now normally I would have been cheap and offered the guy $20-25, But I really wanted Road Rash and a few of the other games that were in the lot, so I emailed the guy and offered $40. He replied back he wanted $60, even though the ad stated just make an offer. I replied that $40 was the best I could do, and thanks but I was going to pass. The next day I came home and checked my email and he had emailed me again, stating he would take $40! He gave me his address, I went and got cash (I really should start keeping cash on hand, would save me trips to the bank) and here is what I got.


A Model 1 Sega Genesis, with 2 Controllers and the Power and A/V Cables and12 Games: Hard Drivin, Quackshot (Which I wanted for my 4 year old, who loves playing the Genesis), Road Rash (Whoo Hoo), Buster Douglas Boxing, Madden 95, MBBPA Baseball, Winter Challenge (an Accolade game), Alien 3, Sonic the Hedgehog (Most Genesis lots have a copy of Sonic 1 or 2), Steel Talons (I want all the Tengen games for both the Gensis and NES), Street Fighter II Championship Edition (a Staple for this system generation) and Outlander (Which I did a gameplay video on YouTube HERE). All in all a nice lot! All the games were complete except for Buster Douglas (missing manual) and Winter Challenge, which originally came in a cardboard box, I will track that stuff down.



 The person who had this Genesis lot had listed it in the Electronics section, not the Video Game section, so I think that helped me since most of the other people limit their search to just the Video Game section. I got another really good 360 lot a few years ago this way as well.

 Since we were only a few blocks from a Half Price Books I hadn't been to in awhile, we (my 2 daughters (21 & 4) and I) decided to swing by, and wouldn't ya know it, I made another nice game score. As I have stated before, Half Price Books games are generally over priced, but you can get deals on the game clearance shelf, and I did again here.


With the exception of Morrowind (I have the Game of the Year Edition, but wanted the original for my collection) these were all on the clearance shelf.


 Morrowind was $4.99, but was missing the Manual. I actually had a Manual, Map and Registration card in my extra game stuff at home. 

 

 Also picked up a 5 Screw Urban Champion NES game (I am going after all the 5 Screw NES games) and Warlock for the Genesis for a Buck.

And I also got a complete in box War Gods for the Nintendo 64 for $3.00

Overall, some great pickups the last few weeks, and I of course am keeping an eye out for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment