Friday, August 7, 2015

Sega Genesis Collection House Keeping

I was going through the games from my game haul last week, cleaning up the games, removing stickers and what not, as well as comparing a couple of the duplicates to put together the best piece for my collection. Sometimes if I already have something, I may pick up another in a game lot, and it will have a better condition manual, or better cartridge label, etc..

 Anyway, I was checking out the Hard Drivin' Cartridges and I noticed, the labels are different, Nice. I will be keeping both, If I had to choose one though, I would keep the top one.

The one on the top has a copyright of 1990, the bottom 1989.

I had mentioned in a previous blog about replacing Sega Genesis game Cardboard box releases, with the standard plastic clam shell cases. Most of the late releases for the Genesis came in Cardboard boxes, with Cardboard Slip covers. I prefer the standard clam shell cases, there is a place online that I use several times a year to get artwork and manuals from. I got a couple Artwork Inserts for a couple Genesis cardboard releases I had, so I could swap em over to the clam shells.

The Original Cardboard Boxes

Before

After, Muuuuch Better.

Side by Side

New and Old

No comments:

Post a Comment