Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Picked Up a Sega Game Gear

I have a barter ad up on Craigslist, Looking for Sega Games & Accessories. I have some misc games and other items in the ad, that I am looking to trade for Sega items.

On Sunday the 5th, I received and email from someone who had a Game Gear and 8 Games, and he was interested in trading for a Dazzle device I had picked up for $2.99 at Goodwill. He stated the screen on the Game Gear did not work, but I didn't care, I just wanted to do the trade for the Games.



 I picked it up on a whim, with the intent to use it to record Game play footage for my YouTube channel. I had never done any research on these, but knew people used Dazzles to record footage. After I got home, I looked it up online, and it turns out it was for a Windows XP machine, I have Windows 8, so couldn't use it. Oh well, it was worth a shot.


 Anyway, I agreed to the trade, and we met in a shopping center parking lot. He took out the Game Gear and turned it on to show me the screen didn't work, but there was sound.

This is what the screen looked like.

After I got home, I figured I would clean up the system and games. While I was cleaning the system, I noticed this brightness adjuster on the side. 


I chuckled, put a Sonic game into the system and turned it on, wondering if it could really be that easy. After I turned it on, I adjusted the brightness.

And viola, it works great!

A perfectly working Sega Game Gear and 8 Games, for a $3.00 item I couldn't use anyway. Score!


No comments:

Post a Comment