Monday, July 13, 2015

Star Wars Red Harvest by Joe Schreiber = Garbage!

 Today at work I was on my morning break, and I am/was currently reading Star Wars Red Harvest by Joe Schreiber, Released December 2010.


It was not a particularly enthralling read thus far, but I have read many books that start slow, but pick up steam and end fairly well. Anyway, I was reading and reached page 55 when I read the first paragraph. I said to myself "really?"


  After reading this paragraph, I stopped reading the book. For those of you who do not recognize this clearly plagiarized quote, it was from the 2008 movie Taken, starring Liam Neeson (which is kinda funny since he starred in Star Wars Episode 1) Here is the quote from the movie:

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you."
—Liam Neeson, Taken



 Was the author out of ideas? Was he so enamored with the movie he just had to STEAL the quote for his own use? Was he in a time crunch and needed filler?

 I was disgusted, however, I did not have any other books with me to read for the day, so figured I would peruse the book a little more during lunch, and replace the book with one I would want to read when I got home, as my GF got me the Next Nightside novel I needed. It was either that, or talk to some of the people I work with, and I am not a people person.

Anyway, while perusing the book a little more at lunch, I came across this line 2 pages later:


 I just stopped, said, I was done, if this author wants to be this blatant about his plagiarism, I wasn't gonna read anymore, Fucking Dirtbag. Hey Mr. Schreiber, get a real job, stop stealing from other people and putting your name on it.

 I also wonder how this got through the publishers office. Seriously? Or did they just want to put something out with the Star Wars name on it to make a few bucks?

I'm done. I won't be reading any other books by this author either.

No comments:

Post a Comment