Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Flipped a Playstaion 2 Game Online in less than a Day

My GF had finished the book she was reading, and were on our way to Half Price Books to see if we could pickup the next one for her. We had bought #1-5 and #7 last year sometime at Savers, but were missing #6 in the series. On the way we would pass a Savers, so I asked her if we should pop in there and see if we could find it there first, as it would be 1/2 or less the price of what Half Price books would charge.

 We swung into Savers, but did not see it. We did get 4 Pokemon books for our 4 yr old though. I, of course had to look at the games, I mean we were there right? I saw, for $2.99, Test Drive Eve of Destruction for the Playstation 2.


 I was excited at first, as I know it is a $40.00+ game in good complete condition. Well, it turned out that it was a former Hollywood Video Rental Copy, missing the instructions. So, Reluctantly I left it behind. I am on a buying hiatus anyway, until I get the Forza Motorsport 6 Edition Xbox One in 3 weeks.

 As happens to me a lot, when I leave things behind, it started nagging at me a few hours later. So I checked eBay COMPLETED Auctions......

Slight Rant: When most people try and quote "it sells for such and such on eBay" They only look at the current Buy it Now auctions, Not the Completed auctions. Anyone can put up an auction for an absurd, never gonna sell for price. The Completed Auctions, in my opinion, give a more fair representation of what things are actually selling  for.

Anyway, recent loose disc copies sold for $20-25.00, while the complete copies sold for $40-45.00.

 The next day at work, it was nagging at me and nagging at me, so I had to swing by Savers on my way home to see if it was still there. Luckily, it was! So I bought it and headed home.

Here is how you can tell it was a Rental copy, Not the complete original artwork.

 I already have this game, I had bought it new for the original Xbox back in the early 2000's when it came out, and also had bought my brother a copy for his Playstation 2, as I knew he would like it. Anyway, the point being I didn't Need it, But wouldn't of minded adding it to my PS2 collection. I have a place online I order from several times a year I probably could get a manual and artwork from.


 So, I got it all cleaned up, play tested it on my PS2 for awhile (it is still a fun game), to make sure it boots and plays fine, and took pictures so I could list it online on eBay and Craigslist. I was gonna list it for $20.00 for a quick flip, to add money to my Xbox One fund, but I got greedy and listed it for $30.00, as I figured if it didn't sell, oh well, and I would just put it into my collection.

However, I listed it at 8:00pm on Monday night, and when I got home from work today, Tuesday, @5:30pm I checked my email like I always do, it had sold, in less than 24 hours, for $30.00, Damn!




Oh, and we did find the book for my GF Sunday at Half Price books. Happy Family all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment