Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II - Building the Ultimate Edition

 


Since I had recently been so disappointed with the latest Star Wars game offering (Jedi Fallen Order-Blog) I Decided that I wanted to go back to a better game to clense my palate, Star Wars the Force Unleashed II. I know it may come as a shock, but I had not played all the way through to the end, as I am sure I got distracted by some other shiny new game.


I picked up the collector's edition back in 2013? From a used game store for around $15.00. and got the artwork for the standard copy from a place I used to be able to get artwork and manuals from before they went out of business (R.I.P. BRE Software) and was the copy I played.

Sorry for the stock picture, my personal copy is packed away in a box somewhere

  • Collector's Edition extras: collectible steelbook, Starkiller 2GB flash drive designed by Mimobot, digital art book. In-game content (3 exclusive challenge mode levels, exclusive Ralph McQuarrie concept "Deak Starkiller" skin, exclusive lightsaber crystal)

Then I remembered, there were a few different editions of the game available from the various different retailers. Remember the dark times of gaming with the developers and their "online pass" and the different retailers were all fighting for your gaming dollar? The main players (Best Buy, Target and Walmart) Offered different pack ins to get you to buy the game from them. Well if you are a regular reader of this blog, you will know I like to make my own "Ultimate Editions" by getting all of the different extras, and putting them all in one copy for my Xbox 360 Collection.


The 4 various editions

If I was better or even decent with Photoshop, I would put all 3 of those bonus boxes down the left side and print the custom artwork. But I am not, so I cannot. Hey, I can admit when I an not good at things. But it still begs the question, Which case artwork am I going to keep and use?


Bonus Mini-Comic (Target)

Bonus Trading Card (Best Buy)

Bonus Mini-Hint Guide (Walmart)

What is weird about Walmart & Best Buy, is that it is usually Best Buy that was the retailer to have the Mini-Hint Guides. I have several other games with Hint Guides only from Best Buy. 

Amazon and Gamestop also had digital codes for in game content, but since I am a snobby physical collector so do not really give a shit about these digital extras, so could care less about having those.


Everything Together

And packed in the case

Decided to use the standard artwork case













No comments:

Post a Comment