Monday, November 16, 2020

I Bought Another Xbox 360 Console

I have both Hoarding and Impulse Control problems when it comes to my Video Game collection, and I happen to come across another Xbox 360 Console I just had to have.......



But First


It was really bothering me that my Modern Warfare 2 Console had the wrong color Hard Drive on it.

So I did what I do best, hopped on the internet to find a proper replacement

It's not the proper 250GB Hard Drive that originally came with the console, but I use my Xbox 360 E with the 500 GB Hard Drive to play my games anyway so as long as it matched, it was $10.00.


Much better than the gray HD.

Oh and while looking I also found one of these

A Halo 3 20GB Hard Drive for $10.00

The next console I am chasing is the Halo 3 Edition Xbox 360, a few of the ones I have looked at have been missing theirs, so figured might as well pick one up, just in case I need it.


And onto my newest console purchase from Goodwill for $12.99

An Xbox 360 "Arcade" model

I have always wanted one of these, just cause. This was the Entry Level model. The "Pro" models came with a Hard Drive, Chrome disc tray door and eject button. My original pro (I gave to a girl I was hanging out with when I bought my Elite) also came with a copy of Need for Speed Most Wanted.

Does not come with a Hard Drive, but instead has a cover in it's place.

And another difference with these

No HDMI port, just the standard Xbox A/V connector


Close up shows this is a Gamestop Refurbished unit. 

I am going to leave the Gamestop sticker that was placed over the Microsoft sticker, but I might remove the other barcode, although it is nice to know when this was refurbbed (May 11th 2010), it looks sloppy.

I normally just pass these models by when I see them, but it was a base model that I had been looking for, and for the price I made an exception. Let's plug it in an see if it works, or it is just a shelf decoration, I am fine either way, I just bought it to put in a Xbox 360 display someday.


Works Great!


So how do you save files on this console? You get a Memory Unit, There were four sizes available, 64 MB, 128 MB, 256 MB and a 512 MB. 

I have a 64 and 512, will get each of the other two, just cause.


Finally got to use those Memory Slots in the front of the Original 360's


A nice "new to me" working Xbox 360 with cords and a controller for $12.99, Nice!





















No comments:

Post a Comment