Thursday, October 15, 2020

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order


When Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order was first announced, I really did not have that much interest. After what EA did with and handled their two previous Battlefront games was extremely disappointing. This was supposed to be a single player campaign, great but I never finished the campaign in Battlefront II because it was so fucking booooring.

Then after seeing a few trailers, and seeing pictures online the more skeptical I became. A single unknown Jedi, travelling to different worlds. Sounded just like The Force Unleashed to me (which were fun games) so not much for an original story, much like the Disney Star Wars movies, but THAT is a rant for another day. Then I see photos and gameplay of the main character having a small little droid, that folds up and attaches to his back, another rip off from a much crappier game, Battlefront II's campaign. So I figured I might pick it up eventually when it gets cheaper, I still consider myself a Star Wars Fan, even though I am only hanging on by a thread these days.

I ended up ordering this game off Amazon the last week of December 2019, since it was on sale for $24.99 at the time. I initially played this game shortly after I bought it,  While I was playing through that whole first section I was totally telling myself that this was just Tomb Raider with a Star Wars Skin, and after playing through to the train car, was not very impressed. So I shelved it and filed it away in my mind to try it again at a later date. Maybe it gets better?

After a Nine Months, I figured it was about time to give it another shot. So I erased my game data and started fresh, and as before, while I was playing through that whole first and second sections I was again not very impressed and totally telling myself that this was just Tomb Raider with a Star Wars Skin, except without showing what buttons I needed to use.........Maybe they figured people would remember from Tomb Raider,

Then I get to the part where the Inquisitors are questioning the group, looking for a Jedi (Spoiler, your character) and on a good note, I liked the main Inquisitor The Second Sister, she had a pretty cool character design and I have always liked blacked out Stormtroopers.


Then after that interaction your character suddenly has his lightsaber and you have to fight your way down a moving train, Uncharted anyone? But, I will admit it was fun slashing Stormtroopers and Biker Scouts with a lightsaber again. I get to the next planet, where I get my little buddy bot on my back, and can change the color of my lightsaber ( just like Force Unleashed) I just stopped playing. I was that bored, again


So it's back to the shelf for Jedi Fallen Order, as I have plenty of Rally games I need and WANT to play. Maybe I will try to play it again in the future, but I really would not count on it.



1 out of 5




No comments:

Post a Comment