Saturday, May 16, 2020

Update on my Faux Xbox One Elite Controller

I have been playing with my Faux Xbox One Elite controller for a month now, and I thought I would give an update. Original Post HERE And have a few thoughts, comments, opinions.

I have found through playing around with the sticks, that I prefer the "Mushroom Head" Sticks

I have been playing Dirt Rally 2.0 (the most), WRC 7, Forza Horizon 4, Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Borderlands 3 with this controller, for Racing games I use the "standard" style D-pad.

For First Person Shooters I prefer to use the "Elite" D-pad.


And here are the different thumb sticks that came with the kit

Overall I really like the controller, to me it gives the controller more heft, and just feels better in my hands, The Mushroom head thumb sticks, which I originally thought I would not like, are now my favorites and I use them all the time.

There was also another product in the article I read when I decided I wanted to upgrade my controller


Bionik "Quickshot" trigger upgrade

Basically it make you have less of a trigger pull to get a shot off in a FPS, or less pull to get max gas pedal speed in a racing game. I did not like the Gray rubber handgrips, If it were my choice tmy entire controller would be all black. I also read some of the reviews on Amazon that after some time, the gray grips start to peel off. I can see how that would happen with hand sweat and whatnot.

So I did a little searching online and found a pair from another company, that had the grips molded into the piece that gets replaced on the controller, and in black, well except the lock buttons.

So I bought this pair from ModdedZone

They fit great!



 I have been using these for about 2 weeks now and overall I like the grips and when I am using the locks I find it gives me more throttle control in racing games, except for off the line from a dead stop, it takes longer than it should to get going. But, that is just a minor complaint. It is hard to switch it off from the line, then switch it on while trying to keep steady in a race. As far as FPS games, I do not really notice a difference, but I suck at Call of Duty anyway so it could just be me.


Then, just for fun, I decided to get one of these as well

An Xbox One Elite controller case
It came with the accessories as well



That's it for now, but I think I see a pile of Xbox One games I have not posted yet............







No comments:

Post a Comment