Friday, April 17, 2020

Upgraded my Xbox One Controller with Elite Parts

I decided to upgrade my Xbox One controller with Elite parts

Here is my current everyday use Xbox One controller

I had already upgraded it once with some Aluminum Thumb sticks a few months back, They are a whole $0 .99+ on eBay from (I think I paid $1.29 for the ones I got) with free shipping from China, I highly recommend them! I know I am going to order a few more sets, They work great when playing Racing games or First Person Shooters.

Then I came across This Article on MSN.com and I had to order This Elite Upgrade Kit off Amazon


My daughters fiancee' had gotten one of the Elite Series 2 controllers and an Xbox One X from Taco Bell giveaway's last fall, While it is a nice controller, I like the feel, the heft and the weight, it just isn't worth $180.00 to me, but for $24.99 this kit was just the ticket!

Even comes with the necessary screwdrivers

Comes with 3 different height thumb sticks, and the two different D-pads

You just need to replace the thumb sticks with the metal magnetic bases, and remove the original plastic D-pad and replace it with the green membrane that has magnets in it as well.

And 4 minutes later, I was done!

Viola!

And the mew magnetic parts added some extra weight and heft to the controller, I like it!

I knew I would never use the bottom programmable triggers on an Elite controller, although one of them would be nice to program Grenades to for playing Call of Duty, so I don't need to take my finger off the trigger, so this kit is the perfect compromise.

If you are like me, and don't need the bottom triggers, this kit for $25.00 is perfect, You could either put it into an existing controller, or even buying a brand new controller from Wal-Mart for $44.00 to put it in, that and this kit is only $69.00. $111.00 cheaper than an actual Elite controller.


I played both Call of Duty and Dirt 2.0 tonight, and I love my new upgrade!

Now I just need to find this:







No comments:

Post a Comment