Sunday, July 23, 2017

Custom Sega Dreamcast Game Case

How a quick project, turned into a little more drawn out than I had expected.



I recently picked up a Japanese game for the Sega Dreamcast, But I did not like the white CD case that it came in, and wanted it to match my U.S. Game Cases.


Which one of these things is not like the other?

So I took the rear cover art out of a sports game, and plopped it n the case, with a clear CD holder instead of the white one.

Much Better
A minor visual thing, but looks sooooo much better to me.

However, now when I take the Macross game out of it's case, I see a basketball player. And I really do not give a crap about sports, at all. I don't know anything about sports, or care to learn. Anyway, I really need to do something about this.

Doh!

So, I guess the best thing to do is to cut out the Sega Dreamcast Logo on the spine.
 And there we go

First I tried just laying it in the rear of the case, thinking it was far enough into the case the CD area would hold it, I was wrong...... It slid over in the case. Then I asked my six year old for her glue stick, it was all dried out and hard. 

Then I was digging in the junk drawer and found this

I forgot about this, this is what I use to secure the loose flaps on Playstation Long Box games.

Ahhhh, Much Better


Before              and                After

Just a minor thing, but made a huge difference to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment