Friday, September 11, 2015

I, Strahd

I, Strahd The Memoirs of a Vampire

 I, Strahd by P.N. Elrod is an amazing book, Another one of my absolute favorite books. It introduced me to the Ravenloft Series of books, of which I have all of them. 

 I remember buying this hardcover copy brand new at B.Dalton Booksellers at Brookdale mall back when I was 14 or 15, so 25 years ago, wow i'm getting old...... Anyway, I found this on their clearance table for $3.95. I generally prefer paperback books, they fit in my back pocket, map pocket in the car, glove box, etc.. However for $4.00 I picked this bad boy up, and am glad I did.

I also picked up a paperback copy as well, all my Ravenloft books, are paperback.

 I, Strahd is an amazing story. It begins when Strahd Van Zarovich is still just a Human Being, Fighting a war. It follows his life as he becomes a vampire, falls in love and loses his love, then him spending the rest of his days a tortured soul. He also appears as a main charachter in other Ravenloft books such as Vampire of the Mists, which is the first book in the Ravenloft series, and another Great read, as well as I,Strahd the War with Azalin, and Spectre of the Rose which is the final book in the Ravenloft series. He also has small bit parts, or is mentioned in most of the other books in the series as well.


I, Strahd is an amazing read, and I absolutely, Highly recommend this to anyone interested in Fantasy or Vampires, it will not disappoint!


I have read through this book several times, and so has my daughter. We both look forward to enjoying this incredible story again!

No comments:

Post a Comment