Monday, July 6, 2015

4th of July Game Hunting

Saturday 4th of July, I decided to go out Game Hunting. I was up late the night before playing Destiny, so didn't get out of bed until 10:30am or so, but had the bug to go Garage Sailin'

I got outside, and it was sooo Hot & Humid, I decided to go Thriftin' instead. Glad I did, had a good day!


 First stop was at my favorite Salvation Army. I don't always score there, but when I do, it is usually pretty good.
Picked up the above games. The Xbox and Playstation 2 games were $1.99 and the Playstation games and Dreamcast game were .99 each. The Dreamcast case was for Ultimate Fighting Championship, which I wasn't really excited about, but I rarely see Dreamcast games, so figured I would pick it up for .99, and when I opened it to check the disc (Always check your discs first. I have left MANY behind, because of condition), It turned out that there was a Game I actually wanted to play in there, Expendable. I looked more thoroughly in case I missed the proper case for it, but no dice.

If anyone has the artwork and manual for the Dreamcast game Expendable, shoot me an email.

I also picked up (Not Pictured) American Chopper Season 2 for $2.99 and Arnold Schwarzeneggers Biography in Hardcover for $1.99. And the best part, for the 4th, everything was 25% off!


Then I cruised on over to Savers, and found these
 BMX XXX was $1.99 and the Playstation 2 Memory card was $2.99. I have 8 or so Black PS2 memory cards, and 2 Red ones, I didn't have a Blue one. I assumed the memory card was used, since the top of the package was cut off, until I went to take it out of the package, and it was in there really, really good. I thought there is no way someone was taking this in and out of there. Then, when I plugged it into the PS2 (I like to check memory cards and see what people have played) it said the card was unformatted. It was still Brand new, Score!


Then I cruised on over to the Goodwill in the area, and came up empty handed. So then I decided to shoot over to Half Price Books, since I am looking for a particular Simon R Green novel at the moment.
Half Price Books also carries video games, however their prices are usually outrageous. The only time you can get a deal, is on the clearance rack, where I picked up these 3 Xbox games.

The Cabela's games were $2.00 each, and Halo was $3.00. I am not a sportsman or hunter in any way, shape or form, but I really like playing the Cabela's games. And I needed this variant copy of Halo. I have the regular Platinum Hits, I needed this one with the "Best Of" line on it, Yeah I am a dork. I have 4 copies of Halo, all different art now. There is also a Platinum  Hits version of Halo 2, I am on the lookout for that one as well.



Then I decided to call it a day, and head on home. But, before I left I had checked my email, and Pawn America had sent another $10.00 off $20.00 or more coupon, good for 4th of July weekend, so of course I had to swing in, it is only 4-5 blocks from my house, and was on the way home.


Now I said I wasn't going to pick this game up, But I heard the story was great (it "Stars" Kevin Spacey) and I had played a little online on my Son in Laws Xbox One when I was in Utah, I also Love Steelbooks. This Game, Discs and Steelbook were in Great Shape! So with the Coupon, it was $16.00.

I played roughly 2/3 of the Campaign Saturday night, and I really like the Campaign so far. I will play through again on Veteran as well. I also played the Multiplayer for a few rounds, and yep, it's Call of Duty.

Overall, had a pretty good day, Had a great score the next day too, Post Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment