Tuesday, March 24, 2015

NEWST3D

 I don't listen to the radio much, as most of the stations in my town suck. They play one good song 2-3 times a day. And 3-4 of the stations play the same songs, etc... I generally listen to my iPod, or Burned compilation CD's I make. I do listen to the local "pop" stations morning show however, as they are really funny. My point is, I don't get a lot of exposure to new music, aside from the occasional surprise on Pandora, but I mainly listen to Stand Up Comedy when streaming Pandora.

 Anywho, One evening I was watching a Live Metallica song, or concert (I don't remember right now) on You Tube, and on the left side there are always suggestions for other, similar things to watch. I see a link to Newsted Live. I thought to myself, Newsted? As in Jason Newsted? So I clicked the video and watched it. It was really good. Jason Newsted, former Bass player from Metallica and founder of Flotsam and Jetsam has his own band, Jason does Vocals and Bass, and there is a Drummer and 2 Guitar players.

 I decided I needed to find the CD, and kept an eye out for it in my travels of Thrift Stores, Second Hand Stores, Used Media Stores, etc.. I know I could have ordered it at anytime  off Amazon, eBay, or somewhere else online. As I have mentioned before, I prefer to "find" things locally, or out in my hunting travels. I finally found a brand new copy at Discland in Bloomington, MN, where I was trading in some extra Video Games I had (and buying others), they also have DVD's and CD's.

 Newsted - Heavy Metal Music


 I have given it a listen, several times through, and I can say this is a Great album. I love Heavy Metal music, and this album is a great example, from a great artist. It's no Pantera, but nothing ever will be. If you are looking for some new metal music to listen to, this is definately worth your time and Money.


 A few stand out tracks for me: Nocturnus and ...As the Crow Flies.

Here is a link to a Live Performance  That's it for today, Thanks for Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment