Saturday, March 14, 2015

Nintendo Game Cartridge Cleaning

Whaaaaat? 2 posts in 2 days?

 As I previously mentioned, I like to hit up Garage Sales and Thrift Stores for Cheap Video Games. I am a collector, and am just looking for things to play. With the exception of Sega Genesis, I want a complete collection, including sports games I will never play. Anyway, sometimes these games are dirty or in rough shape, but as long as I can play em, I don't mind. Today's example is one of those.

 I bought this game, Multi Racing Championship for the Nintendo 64, for the tidy sum of $1.00 at Savers. As you can see it is in a little rough shape, and there generally is no way to test them at the garage sales and thrift stores. Cartridge games however are pretty durable and reliable, unlike today's disc based games.

 So, after 5 Minutes, 2 Q-Tips, my old toothbrush I use for cleaning, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Some Windex and Goo Gone, the cartridge itself cleaned up pretty good. The label, well not much I can do there, but the game plays great, and is fun!

Front




Rear



Gameplay

That's it for today folks, thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment