Monday, June 29, 2020

Xbox 360 E for $20.00? Yes Please!

Out thrift store shopping over the weekend, and I came across a Xbox 360 E. It was the last and best revision of the console, and model I currently have (Blue Walmart edition) as my personal system.

This is the one I got to replace my Elite "fat" 360


My daughters fiancee' and I stopped at the local Savers, and I saw this sitting on the shelf

$19.99

We did some more looking around, but there was no power supply or controller to be found.

Picture I found on Google


While we were standing in the checkout, I checked to see if it had a hard drive, it did not. I know some of these were advertised as 4GB models, and I do not know if those came with a hard drive or not, but my daughters fiancee' checked online on his phone, and a new hard drive could be had to $20-60.00 depending on how big a person wanted to go with. 

Some info on the back


I got it home (along with a bunch of other pickups, keep checking back) and first thing I did was clean it, then it was time to test and see it it worked or not.


 Hooked it up with my Xbox 360 E cables and wired 360 controller
Looks like it works

Looks like it is the 4GB model

I checked the game and system files, and it looks like this system was bought and updated in February of 2016. The save game files were all for EA NHL games. NHL 12. 13. 14 & 15. Then I connected the Ethernet cable and updated the console, twice, It restarted after the first update, then showed the notification for a second update. Then I opened the disc tray.........


It even came with a bonus game, I mean Coaster

So I winged that across the room and grabbed a good nearby game to play

Let's see if it runs a game

And BAM! It works.

I ended up playing through the whole first level of F.E.A.R. 3 and never had an issue

A Great score, cannot complain at all about picking up the best model 360 for $20.00. I am going to be keeping it as a backup/testing console. My 360 E is my 4th 360, so it would not hurt to have an extra one hanging for the future, just in case.




No comments:

Post a Comment