Friday, June 12, 2020

Fun with Controllers

I have been playing a lot of games these last few weeks. Dirt Rally 2.0, Borderlands 3, Destiny 2, Grid (Still loving this game!), Forza Horizon 4 and the new Minecraft Dungeons, it plays like Diabo but in the Minecraft world. At least there is one bonus to staying home during this pandemic.



First I fixed my favorite Xbox 360 controller. It would not turn on, even with brand new batteries. So I opened it up and thoroughly cleaned everything with Q-tips and Alcohol, and it Fixed it!

This was the first controller I ever customized

This was before Microsoft released their mostly black controllers, mine was the original black with gray thumbsticks, D-pad and trim. The kit I got also had a black home button, but I used the original for a "stock" appearance.

Next a friends mother was cleaning out her basement and gave me a NES Advantage controller. She did not know if it worked, but just wanted a bunch of stuff out of her basement and her house, so if I did not take it she was just going to throw it away, Nooooooooo I said I'll take it!

I never had one of these before

It was pretty dirty when I got it, Sorry for the bad picture, I forgot to take a before picture as I just worked on it one day while I was watching Netflix so I had to forward the pic from my cell phone I was sent. I took it 100% completely apart, and thoroughly cleaned everything.

Looking Like New!

She also gave me a NES she had sitting in the basement as well, I eventually got that working too (after installing the "Blinking Light Win mod" and the Advantage controller works great!



And because I had a pair of aluminum Xbox One Thumbsticks sitting around, I decided to swap them into my movie surfing/lazy digital game launching/using controller.

I love the Aluminum sticks, feel better than the stock rubber ones and want to outfit all my controllers with them. And just because I had a black D-pad sitting there also, I swapped that onto it as well.

Here is what it looked like originally

Oh but I did not stop there, I had a pair of extra black side covers as well
Original is below




Anyway that's it for tonight, have more to get up soon




No comments:

Post a Comment