Saturday, January 18, 2020

Half Price Books Hop Pickups

I had got some Half Price Books gift cards for X-mas, so we (all 3 of my daughters, my 2 grandsons and my daughters fiancee') decided to go out and hit up the 5 Half Price books around our area and spend our gift cards and see what we could find.

So we planned to go to the Maplewood, MN location first, which we did. Then we shot over to Roseville. From there we were going to go to Saint Louis Park which was a little further out, but with a 2 yr old, a 6 yr old and an 8 yr old we decided to skip it and go to the Crystal store. Well on the way there google told us that that particular store was permanently closed, Dangit, I guess we should have gone to Saint Louis Park..... Oh well we finally ended at the one in Fridley, the store I spend the most time and money at as it is 8-10 minutes from the house.

I ended up picking up both Movies and TV Series seasons and well, of course Video Games! So we will get the DVD's and Blu Rays out of the way first, since alot of my readers are here for the games mainly.

The Amityville Theater

Also Known as The Amityville Playhouse, one of the many spin off movies for the Amityville license. I grew up in the 80's, so of course was facinated with the Amityville story as were many of us back then. I want to get all these old cheesy movies. I remember renting a few back in the day.


Cloak & Dagger / The Wizard double feature

I already have The Wizard of course, what 80's kid/gamer doesn't? But I had been wanting to see Cloak & Dagger ever since picking up D.A.R.Y.L. back in 2018.

 Renegade Season 1
Another one of those weird DVD cases

This was $2.00 on the clearance rack, I bought it for two reasons, 1: I remember watching this series back when it was on TV and 2: it was in another one of those weird DVD paper sleeve style cases.

Counting Cars series $2.00 each

Decent show, my 8 year old is really into watching car stuff with me, Hot Rod Garage, Roadkill, Wheeler Dealers. And is excited to begin working on my Firebird Formula with me this spring.


Tru Calling Season 1

Mmmmmm Eliza Dushku

True Blood Season 5

Now all I need is Season 6, and I will have them all. I feel a rewatch coming soon.


Resident Evil Retribution 3D Blu Ray

 Peter Jackson's King Kong Extended Edition
Steelbook!

Not a huge King Kong fan in general, Kong Island was ok (Samuel L Jackson!) 
But I really like Peter Jackson's vision and Jack Black's performance in this movie.

Enough with the movies, time for the meat of the trip, The Games!

 Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for the PSP
No Manual though

 Sega Rally Revo
A PC game?

I bought it for the Manual (yes, to put in my Xbox 360 copy) and the case.
EDIT: I sold the game itself for $12.49 on eBay


 Batman Arkham Asylum
I played this on the PS3 back when I first got my PS3.

 Front Mission Evolved
Don't know anything about this game but for $2.00, adding it to the collection 

 Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Complete

 Maximum Chase
Complete

 Nintendoland
A digital copy came on my Wii U

I am a physical media snob, so for a few bucks it is nice to have an actual physical copy


 Monster Hunter World
fer $5.00, figured why not add it to my budding PS4 collection



Overall it was a nice weekend, got cool stuff, plenty to keep me busy and occupied in my free time


That's all for today, however I do have a couple more things to take pics of, Of course I do, It's me!




















No comments:

Post a Comment