Monday, April 15, 2019

Xbox 360 Racing Game Pickups + A Gamestop "Incident"

In my summertime quest to add to my Xbox 360 collection, I decided to abuse myself and head into a Gamestop to pickup some racing games they showed they had online. Gamestop were running one of their buy two get one free sales, so I figured why not pickup a couple games?

My daughter and I head over to the Gamestop, and I go look at the 360 games I was searching for.


Ridge Racer Unbounded

Plays alot like Burnout Revenge, which is a great game so is a good thing!


Need for Speed Shift

I had never played Shift before, and I am really enjoying it. Reminds me a lot of Forza Motorsport 2, with a little bit of Dirt thrown in (the sector races). And that is not a bad thing. Which makes me excited to get to the last game I bought:

Need for Speed Shift 2

It is missing the manual though......

But, Shift was 9.99, Shift 2 4.99 and Unbounded was 4.99. So, with the buy two get one free, they came out to $5.00 each. Definitely not a bad deal.



All right, and now to the patented Gamestop shitty customer service experience. So, I get up to the counter, give the clerk the cases and he goes to the drawers and gets the discs, except for Shift. Shift he grabs a broken black case with printed non orginal artwork and no manual, even though the case I brought up had the original art and manual in a good unbroken green xbox case.

So I say "excuse me, can i get the other case for this game?" The clerk makes a disgusted face, and grunt and then frisbees the original case I brought up at me at the counter? WTF?!?! Seriously?

I should have just took both cases and left, but no, I took the disc out of the broken fake case, and swapped it into the good case I had originally brought up and just left.

But my fault, what did I expect, I went into Gamestop willingly knowing they seem to pride themselves on shitty customer service, it was my own fault.


But hey, I got my games, and I am enjoying them


No comments:

Post a Comment