Saturday, September 15, 2018

F.E.A.R.




Released in 2005 for the PC, 2006 for Xbox 360 and 2007 on PS3, F.E.A.R. is a supernatural horror themed first person shooter and is one of my absolute favorite games. I bought this game when I bought my Xbox 360 in February of 2007. My first achievement ever came from this game. I fell in love with this game while playing through it, and to this day is still THE most absolute fun and best times I have ever had playing any Multiplayer on any game.

I met and made a good friend I still communicate with to this day playing this game. He and I played the multiplayer almost every single night for a year and half. We were consistently at the top of the Xbox Live leaderboards for this game. We would play Capture the Flag, mostly on Rubble, just he and I on our team, against 5-6 other people on the other team and WIN 99.9% of the time. It got to the point where people would pop into our lobby, see our gamer tags and all you would hear was "Oh Hell No" as the backed out of the lobby. Ahhhhh Good Times! I really miss those days.


The creepy little girl from the Ring ain't got nothin' on Alma!

I have completed the campaign multiple times, over multiple platforms. When I finally broke down and bought myself a PS3 in December 2010, I bought a copy of F.E.A.R. to play through to familiarize myself with the PS controller, save system, etc. However I had never played through the game on it's hardest difficulty, Extreme.

A Burning patrol car and dead Guards, what could possibly go wrong?

Last week, I decided to I really wanted to replay through this game again, as I hadn't played it since early 2011. I popped the game into the 360 and pressed start and new game, Then I decided you know what, why not play through on extreme? And that is exactly what I did.

You can't tell me how to live sign!



As the game loaded up I was greeted with the familiar Monolith, Sierra and Day 1 Studios logos that I saw everyday for a year and a half. Then the main screen with the music, it felt familiar, like seeing an old and trusted friend again.

There is even a nod to the movie Office Space, the red Swingline stapler and a TPS Report


When I originally bought my 360, I bought a regular standard copy of F.E.A.R. to go along with it, at some point I also picked up the Platinum Hits release as well (I collect F.E.A.R. stuff and this had a different artwork and disc) So I decided I would play using that disc. I also decided to play through wearing my Turtle Beach X12 Headset, that made the game even more Awesome!! The atmosphere of the game, while playing wearing that headset, Wow!

I had forgotten about the dismemberment

The farther in I played, the more I remembered how much I love playing this game!

When Alma throws a tantrum it leaves a mess to clean up

And, even though I knew this part was in the game, I knew it was coming at some point, Alma got me Again!


As you go down a ladder and turn around, BAM, she is right there in your face, everytime!

After meeting me, these guys just lost their head


Darth Maul?


The beautiful picture taken with my Samsung Galaxy S4 on my 55" HDTV


The Type 7 Plasma rifle, Pzzzzzzz and leaves scorched bones



One of those damn invisible ninja


After playing through this, I cannot wait to play through the expansions again on F.E.A.R. Files. There were two expansions released for PC, Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate, and they were brought out on a separate disc for the Xbox 360. I only played through them the one time. I think I will do them on Extreme as well.


I am no detective, but it looks like Alma was here.....



This is a Great game, and you would be doing yourself a favor to grab a copy and give it a playthrough. It just still proves to me how much I really enjoy this game, and why it remains one of my most favorite games ever made!


Paxton Fettel, sorry I disturbed your lunch


I finally made it to the end of the game, and had to face Alma 3 times. Finally on the third go, took her down with a pistol. But, after it was over I finally received my shiny new achievement

I am Fearsome!

Onto F.E.A.R. Files, Where Alma will be waiting....


No comments:

Post a Comment