Tuesday, July 24, 2018

99,999 Xbox Gamerscore

From Wikipedia: The first implementation of an easily accessible and multi-game achievement system is widely considered to be Microsoft's Xbox 360 Gamerscore system, introduced in 2005. Microsoft extended Gamerscore support to the Games for Windows - Live scheme in 2007 by including support for Achievements in Halo 2.

My experience with Achievements began when I bought my first Xbox 360 in February of 2012. 

And thanks to trueachievements.com I see my first achievement was in one of my absolute favorite games, that I found thanks to the Xbox 360, F.E.A.R. gave me my first 5 Gamerscore. That's awesome, because I love that game!

As I started accumulating achievements, I made a tentative goal of trying to get 10,000 per year. But between working full time, kids, etc... I wasn't always able to hit that goal. 

But now, 11 1/2 years later I am at the brink of 6 digits

It was pretty neat to land on the "9's" for the points, and then I let my Xbox languish and went and played my PS3 for a week and a half. I had thought about trying to find a achievement with 1 Gamerscore, but figured with my luck I would end up unlocking something else anyway.


This last weekend, I popped the 100,000 Gamerscore, and as I write this I am sitting at 100,215.

I don't plan to go for 1,000,000. I don't have that kind of time with everything I do and want to do, but I applause those that have done it.











No comments:

Post a Comment