Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Bodycount Bloodlust

Bloodlust, the 6th Bodycount album came out March 31st 2017. I bought it shortly after, and have been giving it a listen the last 2 months to form my personal opinion.

Bodycount: 2017

I have been a Bodycount fan since their 1992 self titled debut album. In fact my very first post on this blog, was of their 2014 release Manslaughter (to read that, Click Here) where I describe how I came across the Band.

I miss CD Jewel cases. The last few CDs I have bought, have all been this papery type packaging.

Plain black booklet, inside has song lyrics, credits, etc..

Tracklist

Overall, I though it was just an ok album. 2014's Manslaughter was definately better (and still my 2nd favorite Bodycount album) and really the only standout track for me, is the cover of Slayers Raining Blood (Titled Raining in Blood on the album) It is a great cover, intro'd by Ice T explaining that Slayer is his all time favorite band. 

I dunno, like I said, overall to me, it is just ok. I don't hate it, but I don't see it getting the same rotation as Manslaughter in my cars CD player either. 


Not every album can be a hit though right? (St. Anger anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment