Sunday, January 18, 2015

Body Count: Manslaughter

Body Count: Manslaughter




 I first heard Body Count in 1992. In high school and my teens, once I found Heavy Metal Music, I didn’t listen to anything else for years. I got a call from my friend Mark, that his cousin Jamie had bought a CD he did not care for, andhe said it was more my kind of music, and he was looking to unload it for $10.00 (1/2 the price of a new CD at the time). I hopped in my Trans Am and cruised on over to Jamie’s to look at said CD. Jamie stated he was a fan of Ice-T’s Hip Hop/Rap Music and had bought the album under the assumption it would be more of the same, He was wrong.

From Wikipedia:
 While Ice-T was primarily known for his work in the hip hop genre, he had long been a fan of various genres of rock music, Ice-T co-wrote the band's music and lyrics with lead guitarist Ernie C, and took on the duties of lead vocalist. Ice-T stated that "I knew I couldn't sing”, but then I thought, 'Who can sing in rock 'n' roll?”

 I remember really, really liking the CD, and immediately became a Body Count fan. Body Count has released several albums over the last 22 years, Born Dead in 1994, Violent Demise: The Last Days in 1997 (My Personal Favorite), Murder 4 Hire in 2006 and, Most Recently Manslaughter in the Summer of 2014.

 I had been anticipating Manslaughter for months, after I had read and interview Ice-T did with a Magazine, and they released the track There’s a Bitch in the Pit online as a preview. I bought the CD at Best Buy in July 2014, Once I came home I opened it up and ripped it right to the computer (I do this with all my CD’s, so there is a fresh unblemished copy saved) and Burned myself a copy. I put it in the CD player of the car the next morning on the way to work. In a word, “Awesome” the CD stayed in the CD player for weeks, I do swap it out back and forth with a Judas Priest/Rob Halford/Tim “Ripper” Owens Mix CD I made, but still listen to it, 3-4 days a week in the car on the way to and from work.

One of the things I really like about the album, is all the songs start and stop without Skits, or Fade In/Fade Out Effects, Etc. Just Body Count, making sweet love to your ears with their instruments. I have never been a fan of Bands using fade in & out effects, Noises, etc. things that cannot be replicated in concert, without other means aside from your instruments.

Manslaughter, Release June 10th 2014 by Sumerian Records is 50 Minutes and 15 Seconds of pure ear candy. I highly recommend this album to anyone who is a Heavy Metal fan!

Track List:
1.  Talk Shit, Get Shot
2.  Pray for Death – A track that immediately brings to mind my lying, back stabbing, cheating whore of                                 an exwife and I picture her and I while the song is playing. 
3.  99 Problems – A metal remix of Ice-T’s song from his 1993 Home Invasion Hip Hop album
4.  Back to Rehab
5.  Manslaughter – My favorite track on the album
6.  Get a Job
7.  Institutionalized 2014 – A great cover, with new Lyrics of the Suicidal Tendencies Classic
8.  Pop Bubble
9.  Enter the Dark Side – Another of my favs
10. Bitch in the Pit
11. Black Voodoo Sex – A call back to the Song Voodoo on the First Album
12. Wanna Be A Gansta
13. I will Always Love You
14. 99 Problems - Different Mix, More Guitars

No comments:

Post a Comment