Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WTF?



For reference I work at a national auto parts recycling corporation, selling new, used and rebuilt auto parts.

Today I get to work, and listen to my voice mails as I do every morning, I have a message from a man who stated he found my business card in the back of a 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe he had recently purchased from Village Chevrolet in Wayzata, MN. Anyway, he goes on to say he was wondering if I was the previous owner, and if I had any spare keys and/or key fobs for the vehicle, as Village Chevrolet would not provide him with and would not cut or program him any additional keys or fobs.

I have a few issues with this situation, and I will use my interwebs space here to voice them.

 #1 - Who would call some random person on a business card found in a car and ask if the person was the previous owner, and if they have any extra keys? Who? Really? I mean you can get business cards anywhere. Even if I was the previous owner, why the fuck would I care if you don't have any extra keys, not my problem.

 #2 - Why would the dealership sell a vehicle not fully and properly cleaned out? Are even dealerships cutting corners these days to save a buck like book publishers (another rant for another day) and not fully or properly cleaning vehicles before putting them on the lot?

 #3 Why wouldn't the dealership offer to make them extra keys? Does Village Chevrolet not like making money? I haven't worked for General Motors in 15 years, but a 08 Tahoe would require a Transponder Key, that is about $125.00 and a Remote Key Fob, that's another $125.00+, Unless the new owner is like my real customers, and wants everything for nothing, then I couldn't blame them for telling him to shove off.

 Part of me wants to be an asshole and call the guy back and tell him that, yes I was the owner and that it was stolen, just to mess with this idiot. But in the end, I am just going to chalk it up to another idiot, who probably shouldn't be out of the house without a handler, and move on, and shake my head at society, like I do everyday.

 I weep for the future..........

For the Record, I have never owned a Tahoe


No comments:

Post a Comment