Thursday, February 19, 2015

You Tube


2 Years ago my knowledge of You Tube was fairly limited. I knew it exsisted, thought it was a "teenager" thing. I thought it was all people doing Jackass like stunts, funny cat and dog videos, high school kids embarrassing each other, idiots street racing, etc. Then one day I found out it was going to be available to watch on Xbox Live. I remember thinking to myself, and saying to other people, Who the Fuck is Gonna watch You Tube over Xbox Live?

Turns out, people like Me, that's who........ Why?

It is kind of like when (for the parents reading this) you tell a child "how do you know you won't like it, unless you try it?" I tried it, and I like it.

 Roughly May/June of 2013, my view of You Tube changed. I am an avid Xbox user, I use my Xbox for everything, Playing Original Xbox, Xbox 360  and Xbox Arcade games, Watching Netflix and DVD's. One day I am came across a link on my Xbox dashboard for The Angry Video Game Nerd, Looked like it might be interesting, so I clicked on it. I was taken to the You Tube app, waited for it to install, and watched this show. After I watched that first episode, I binge watched 100 Episodes of this program for a week, made by a guy in his basement, bitching about old video games, it was awesome!

 Now I watch something on You Tube everyday. I mostly follow Video game programs, and there are a lot of guys doing retro game hunting and game play videos. It helped me get back into my old systems that I love and had been neglecting for several years. I also watch live music performances, car restoration videos, even Network TV programming. I haven't had Cable in 2 years now, just too expensive for the 2-3 shows a week I watched, I do still have cable internet, with speed boost cause I gotta be competitive online, lets not get crazy. Anyway, recently the last 6 months or so I have been watching shows I wouldn't otherwise be able to watch. Wheeler Dealers A car restoration/modification/flipping show based in the U.K., Classic Car Restoration, another car restoration/modification/flipping program based in Canada, if you like cars, check em out. I also catch up on Pawn Stars, Judge Judy and other misc programming.

 Personally, after watching a lot of these amateur "shows" on You Tube, I do find it just as, if not more entertaining, than "regular" network TV. I am now looking to start putting up game play videos of some of my old favorite video games from Playstation 1, Sega Genesis along with plenty of others. I will of course update my Blog for the whole 3 people reading this when I get around to doing it. I currently have a "channel" just don't have anything up as of now.

I will recommend a few of my favorite channels, if you are interested in the subjects, check em out!

Video Games:
Cory Szamier - One of my absolute favorites. He is very personable, honest and damn funny.
BitHead1000 - This guy, is awesome. Serious, funny, informative and some days, down right nuts!
Fluffy Gamer - He had another channel with another guy Here, but he was my favorite of the 2. And just recently started this new channel.

Tech Modification & Repair:
RetroGameTech - Great Videos of Repairing and modification of electronics, mostly video game related.
AdamKoralik - A little bit both Game Tech and Game Hunting, very informative.

Retro Toy Review & Restoration:
RetroBlasting - Found this channel in a link on another guys blog I follow. Very cool 80's toy related, I miss my old toys.

Music: 
For music just basically look up any Band/Song/Genre you like and you will find a lot. I will share one of my favorite live performances, by my favorite artist Mr. Tim "Ripper" Owens, singing King Diamond's Abigail.



No comments:

Post a Comment