Friday, February 13, 2015

I want a Corvette.....

Maybe it's because I am 40 and every 40 year old man has a "midlife crisis"

Maybe it's because I am currently driving a 4 door family sedan

Maybe it's because I haven't driven my Firebird in 7 years

Or maybe it is because Corvette's are just awesome!

I don't mean a newer late model Vette (97-15) Those all have a FAT ass, and after 2006 just get uglier and uglier, then just Hideous.

I Want a 1996 Corvette ZR1, Yellow with Black leather please.

 I am a car aficionado. I have owned and driven many different performance and muscle cars throughout my 26 years of driving. I learned how to drive (mom look away) when I was 14 on my buddies 1979 Camaro Z28 with a Chevy 355 and a Muncie 4 Speed. Then, after he totaled that into a tree, got a 1983 Camaro 2.5L Iron Duke 4 Cylinder with a 4 Speed Manual, Which may have triggered my love for the 3rd Gen Fbody. My first car, that I drove regularly was my Girlfriends 1979 Dodge Omni 4 Cyl Auto. But my very first car of my own was a 1983 Pontiac Trans Am with a Chevy 305 V8 and Crossfire Fuel Injection (same as the Corvette's), and after that Omni, was a Very Fast car.

 Over the years I have owned Various Firebird's, Camaro's, Mustang's as well as a 1974 Plymouth Barracuda for Sports/Muscle Cars. I have also driven many others, Viper's, Corvette's, Shelby's (both Dodge and Ford, I prefer the Dodge's), Firehawk's, Comp T/A's, and a Twin Turbo V8 Lotus Esprit, which was ALOT of fun.

 But, I have always liked the 91-96 Corvette's. The 84-90's are ok too, and can be made to look like a 91-96, they also have a motor I am very familiar with as it is the same one that is in my Firebird Formula, GM's Tuned Port Injected 350. However, the 90's ZR1's came equipped with a 32 Valve 350 V8 LT5 Engine with 405 hp and 385 ft lbs of Torque.


 I do think another reason I am craving something else to play with is, I have owned 3rd Gen Firebird's and Camaro's for the last 25 years, with my current one having been in my possession since March of 1998, and I just want something different. I would love to get a Corvette to play with, but I would use it as a daily driver, saving my Formula as my fun weekend car. I certainly wouldn't leave it stock, but I wouldn't go crazy with it either and sacrifice reliability and being able to use it everyday.

Maybe once I have a house and garage to keep things in......

No comments:

Post a Comment