Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Backwards Compatible PS3 for $15.00!

 I was out at one of the Salvation Army thrift stores I frequent the other day, and I saw this sitting on the shelf behind the counter with the glass cases. I of course could not see the price, which meant I had to try and interact with someone just to see if I was even interested. This particular location has been severely understaffed my last couple of visits, and can be a wait if you want to see something not out.


But since I could see that it had 4 USB ports, I figured it was worth looking at


and I am glad I did

$14.99 YES Please!

It came with a wired Gamestop controller and Power Cord as well




Now to my understanding, if an original "Fat" PS3 has the 4 USB ports and this flap for other memory options, it is a pretty safe bet that it is a PS2 Backwards compatible model.

and the final verifier
Yep, PS2 Compatibility Verified

Good overall shape too

Also has 60GB Hard Drive, which is the original size for this unit

The light comes on, let's see if it works. Good Sign so far

let's pick a profile

Here are the Playstation and Playstation 2 settings!

Even came with a Bonus Coaster, Er, Um Game.

Plays just fine!


Gran Turismo 4 Looks Great


This is a great score. Now I can play PS2 games in Upscaled HD, Awesome!


Great Score!!
































No comments:

Post a Comment