Wednesday, July 14, 2021

$24.00 Original Nintendo 3DS

 A couple weeks ago I found this at a Thrift Store for $1.50, so I picked it up.

An original Nintendo Charging Dock for an original 3DS

So I bought it and stashed it away in case I ever came across a use for it.


Then about a week after I brought the charge dock home, I came across a new listing on Mercari for an Original Nintendo 3DS. The person was asking $19.00 with $10.00 Shipping, So I threw them an offer for $15.00 plus the $10.00 Shipping, and they accepted. 

Quick Colleting Tip: Check newly listed items on eBay & Mercari, you can get some great deals!

Here was the description for the listing:
"Poor condition Nintendo 3Ds. SOLD AS IS. No power cable, comes with the charging station and battery attached has been on there for years.... no idea if it works. No returns or refunds for this listing. You are purchasing item as is"

I figured I could sell it on eBay for parts for at least my money back, so I rolled the Dice.

When I received it, I plugged in a 3DS/DSi Charger I already had, Bam, it worked just fine.

It had this Nyko Power Pak "Long Life" Battery & Charge Base
Which uses the original 3DS Charge Cable Tested it out and it worked!


And it even came with Bonus's
Had 12 Downloaded Games on it as Well!!



I played with it all weekend when I got it, I usually have one of my handhelds while I am watching TV, my brain oddly operates better when I am doing two things at once. But, then I decided I wanted to get rid of the aftermarket Nyko Battery and Dock, and get an original Nintendo battery and back for it.


The battery was easy to find & get

$12.00 Shipped


But the Back or Battery Cover as it seems to be generally called was a little more of patience and checking eBay, Offer Up & Mercari everyday for about a week before finding this one.

Yeah it's Pink, so what? $6.00 Shipped

And Attached.


Note: I did notice in my searching that if you have a 3DS XL, there are plenty of backs to be found


I then took the Nyko Charge Base and Power Pak and threw it up on eBay where it got 9 Bids 

And sold for $20.50

Initial Investment = $25.00
Charge Cradle = +$1.50
Battery = +$12.00
Back/Battery Cover = +$6.00
Total before selling Nyko Charger/Pak = $44.50
 Which honestly is not a bad price for a good working 3DS these days (As of July 2021)
After Selling Nyko Charge/Pak = -$20.50
Complete Total = $24.00 Which is a Great Price for a 3DS these days!


My point being, it took a couple weeks, a little searching and a little elbow grease, but in the end I got myself a good working, complete Original Nintendo 3DS with 12 games on it for $24.00.



The deals are out there, you just gotta Keep an Eye Out, Take a Chance and Roll Those Dice!




























No comments:

Post a Comment