Sunday, October 25, 2020

Ready Player One - My Movie Review

 


I will admit, when I first saw the previews for this movie, I was not interested at all. A big reason for this was because of the Delorean. If you have been following this blog for several years now, you might remember my post (Here) about Back to the Future in 2015. Where I am not thrilled with all the people who see a Delorean and start quoting the movie. Yes they were good movies, but not one time in person or on television has a person NOT brought it up. 

The DeLorean is such a beautiful car.

Even today roughly 40 years after it was first thought of even if it was way underpowered with the Peugeot 6 Cylinder engine. I seriously think they look tacky with all the time machine crap loaded on top of them. Anyway enough about that same old rant. I will admit it was a stupid reason to judge a whole movie, but the DeLorean Time Machine in the movie.........

..... and has  a Knight Rider K.I.T.T. Scanner

Yep I narrow mindedly judged NOT wanting to see a movie full of 1980's (The best decade) nostalgia because of this one little detail. I grew up in the 80's. the best cars, the best music that I still enjoy today.


So while I was out thrifting the other day what should I happen to find on the shelf while sifting through the .99 Cent movies at my local Salvation Army?

I figured for a dollar, why not?

Even has a bonus disc 😉


So I decided to throw it in the Xbox 360 (my default DVD player) and give it a play while I was doing some other things around the living room, and eventually I completely stopped doing those things and sat engrossed in the movie. Yep I actually really, really enjoyed it, all of it. 

I can admit that I was close minded and that I should have waited to judge the movie until I actually saw it, I am planning to watch it again soon. It always takes two to three viewings of a movie to catch everything going on, especially all the "Easter Eggs" in this movie. 

I will whole heartedly recommend this movie for anyone interested in virtual reality, video games and 1980's nostalgia.








No comments:

Post a Comment