Sunday, December 30, 2018

Xbox Game Flipping Experiment

I was out at Pawn America a few weeks ago, and I saw this game for a Quarter. I knew it was worth an ok amount in good shape. I had sold a poorly resurfaced (but working) copy a few years back for around $10.00 when I upgraded my personal copy.

OutRun 2, Sega classic and Xbox Exclusive

Few less stickers out of the case

Ouch, rough manual

Ring around the disc

Overall, it needs some work. Can we get the stickers off clean? How much will the rough manual affect someone wanting to buy it. I mean we all complain about games these days not coming with manuals, but who reads them, really? I know I don't. But, hey I figured for a Quarter, why not see what we can do with this and flip it for whatever I can get, just for fun.



The O sticker on the spine came off ok, but the rental store sticker on the back art didn't do as well. 


Given that, I didn't want to wreck the manual any further, so I left it on the front.

Had an extra green Xbox case, that was in ok shape to help it look a little better.

Then, after going through all this I realized I had failed to test the game to make sure it worked. I ALWAYS do this when selling any used games, it's for my own piece of mind, I personally am not the kind of guy who would try to screw anyone, it just isn't in me.




Works great

Time to get it listed on eBay. I took good pictures of everything, including damages and noted the damage in the description. But I also decided to have a little fun and put "The game plays great, and isn't that all that really matters?" in the description as well. I listed it as acceptable condition, started the auction at $2.99 with $4.00 shipping and let the auction run it's course. Seven days later...…

Sold for $4.25 + $4.00 shipping for a total of $8.25.

And $3.05 to ship it to it's new home.

To recap, I paid:
Game, with tax .27
Pay Pal fees .54 
eBay fees .43
Shipping 3.05

So total I pocketed...……………………..$3.96


Not a bad return on a twenty five cent investment, but isn't going to help me retire either, Just kind of did it for fun, and the game went to a new home, instead of into the trash.










No comments:

Post a Comment