Saturday, December 15, 2018

Sega 32X Collection Update

SO, as I alluded to in a older blog post (HERE) I have decided to collect a complete set of Sega Genesis 32X Cartridge games. I have added a few more to that collection,

First Up, I was able to get a complete in box Virtua Fighter for $15.00 shipped

When it arrived, the cartridge was in better condition than my loose cart, so I was able to upgrade.

I then sold my extra cartridge for $11.00, making the box, manual and inserts $4.00



Next, was a local Craigslist deal I came across for 3 loose 32X cartridges for $15.00,

I needed Primal Rage, the others were to be re-coupers

$15.00 for this game is a steal

I then sold Shadow Squadron for $19.00, Making me $4.00 and still leaving Doom to be sold.

But, then I went out and spent $15.00 on a Manual for Primal Rage, so I still ended up paying $11.00 for the game, but now it has the manual to go with it.



Next, I scored a copy of Star Trek Starfleet Academy Starship Bridge Simulator along with a copy of Star Wars Arcade to use as a recouper for $20.00.

No manual for Star Wars, and no box for Star Trek

New to me, haven't tried it yet.

Next up, I got a couple more NFL Quarterback Club games to use for the cases. Total I spent $15.00, but have 2 cartridges, 2 artwork inserts and a manual to sell to recoup that cost. 



So, I slapped in the Star Trek and Primal Rage games and manuals into these cases

And some painters tape and a marker work for the cases until I can get some artwork printed



Then, I saw a copy of WWF Raw in a rough case for $24.99 but it now with free shipping on eBay. Also had the Make Offer option. Due to the condition of the case I offered $20.00, and it was accepted. Which is about half of what the game usually goes for. As for the case, I didn't mind as I still have one more extra 32X case in my extra case stash I could swap this into.

When I received it however, the case was in ALOT better condition than I remember from the auction pictures?

Ahhh, the seller switched the case... 

Now you would think that would be a good thing, but there were only 4 32X games that came in these cases, and even a rough one is still a 32X specific case. I don't know how to feel about it.

Here are the pictures form the auction

However, this turned out to be a moot point as while I was waiting for this game to show up, I ended up bidding on and won an auction for an empty case for this game for $10.00.

What's that in the case?

Wow, a receipt from Toys "R" Us from September 1996, neat!

At home in a proper 32X case

My current 32X collection as it stands today.



More to come, eventually











No comments:

Post a Comment