Wednesday, December 26, 2018

I Bought a New Guitar!

I bought a new (to me) Guitar!


I bought my first guitar, a Fender Stratocaster back in late 1996, early 1997. I played it a lot for the first couple years, but eventually my practicing and playing began to wane. I pick it up every now and then with the intention of getting back into practicing/playing everyday, but somehow things always seem to come up. I love playing my guitar, I want to be decent and just be able to get together with other people and play casually.

 I always liked the B.C. Rich Warlock guitar, and have wanted to get an all black one, eventually. A couple of years ago, I saw this video of Machine Head's cover of Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name, and have lusted after the Guitar Rob Flynn plays in this video ever since:


An Acrylic Red B.C. Rich Warlock



Up until last week, when I was in my local Pawn America I saw this hanging in their Guitars
A B.C. Rich Warbeast, as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it!

The entire next day all I could think of was buying it, playing it and enjoying it. This was 4 days before X-Mas, and the $129.99 price tag was very reasonable. However I didn't really have that kind of extra money to just spend on the newest shiny bauble to have captured my attention. I knew that Pawn America offered a layaway program, I figured I could just do that. But, then came the end of the work day and my awesome boss hands me a Very Generous Holiday Bonus check. I couldn't get to Pawn America fast enough!

I got inside, went back to the guitars and asked to look at the B.C.Rich, I played with it a little and looked it over. Then the clerk hands me a guitar cable, goes over to the amplifiers and says I can try it out for a few minutes to make sure it works good and that I was happy with it. I play a few riffs I remember and sounds good to me, so I tell her "Sold!"

As we are checking out, the clerk is scanning the tag and says "Oh, it comes with a case too." I remember I was wondering if it was going to fit in my current gig bag that I had used for my Fender. She went in the back to get it and came out with this

An awesome B.C. Rich hard case

And with my new beauty inside

A few close ups


After seeing the Body Art Collection designation on the head stock, I decided to do a lil poking around online, with the help of my good friend google. Here is what I came across:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Body Art Collection are a selection of limited edition electric guitars made by the guitar manufacturer B.C. Rich. The series is based on the company's 'platinum series' and was made over two years from January 2003 until December 2004. The classic B.C. Rich shapes were given a new look with various images. Each guitar in the series carries a unique serial number and a 'limited edition' plaque on the reverse of the guitar, incorporated into the bolt-on neck.

And as I did a little more poking around, I came across this:
Pretty cool! Now I know when it was made and why the design

That's it for now, off to play some Sanitarium!

No comments:

Post a Comment