Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Sega Game Pickups!

Some Recent Sega Game and Misc other Sega Item Pickups

As I eluded to in my last blog, I had set up a craigslist deal with a guy for some misc Sega items.

First I saw the Sealed Sonic DVD's, and I knew I wanted them for my 5 year old, who LOVES Sonic. He also had a few other Sega Items I figured I would see if I could get a deal on all of it.

Originally the guy had the items in a large lot of mixed Sega, Nintendo, Xbox and misc items for $100.00. I shot him an email asking about the DVD's and Sega Stuff, he said sure he would separate them, just make a fair offer. If you have been reading this blog, you know I am cheap, well I try to get stuff cheap, anyway I really wanted the Sonic DVD's for my daughter, so I offered $20.00 Cash, which he accepted.

5 Factory Sealed Sonic DVD's

Couple Genesis games and Manuals

Couple Dreamcast Tomb Raider Games. I did not have Chronicles so added that to my collection, I did have Last Revelation but my manual had torn pages, so this made for a nice replacement manual. 

I picked a few misc games off eBay. I was originally wanting to bid on a NFL Quarterback Club for the Sega 32X, For a reason. The 4 Akklaim 32X sports games had Genesis style clamshell cases, all the others were cardboard boxes. 

That Doom box irritates me, the 32X faces the opposite way

I am going for a full set of 32X games, as there are only 36 (should have been 32 LoL) anyway, I was watching the auction and it was at $1.25 all week, so I bid on some of the other games the guy had since they were all mostly low priced, and he combined shipping.

First I got Rambo the Sega Master System for like $2.00

No Manual Though

Centurion Defender of Rome for $3.00

Complete

So, back to the story about the 32X game, I am one of those people who waits until the last 10 Seconds or less to bid, yeah I have a fast computer with a fast cable internet connection.Anyway, it was still at $1.25, I just put in a bid of $10.00 to just make sure I covered whatever was bid. Well, this time it was not enough, it went for $10.50. Grrrr Oh well, got a deal on the other two games.

Fast Forward a week, and I finally get one that had a Buy It Now for $12.99 or Make Offer with Free Shipping, I made an offer of $7.00, I didn't want to spend alot. He countered with 9.99, I just let the offer expire. Then with only a few hours left on the auction, I offered $8.15, and it was accepted.

 Here it is

It had the EA Insert and Playbook Map, they weren't shown or mentioned in the auction, Nice.

I did happen to have an extra manual though, from the first time I bought this game just for the case, when I only thought I only wanted Doom and Star Wars for the 32X. Now that I am going for a full set, I need em all. I will be buying numerous copies of the 4 Akklaim games, just for the cases for all of my 32X game Collection.

JHMDF is a YouTube channel I watch, the guy does some great videos.  Click Here to Check him out He also does a free game giveaway everyweek, which I happened to win a few weeks ago, and here is what he sent me.

Desert Strike for the Genesis, which I did not have, Thanks Scott!

I was making one of my random orders for artwork and Manuals, got the Artwork, and put it in an extra case I had.

And Finally, I also ordered the Manual I was missing for a game I picked up last month on my Fiancee and I's weekend getaway Blog Post Here


Now my game is Complete

No comments:

Post a Comment