Sunday, April 24, 2016

I got a new piercing

I got my first piercing, in my left ear when I was 15. I was one of those "Headbanger" types in high school. Loved (and still do) Heavy Metal Music, always wore concert shirts (and still do), had hair halfway down my back, etc..

Anyway, my first piercing was an earring in my left ear. My mom took me to the mall, and I got my ear pierced. She was so proud of her son that day.

My second piercing, I decided that I really liked my earring, and wanted another. So, one night at a party I let a girl pierce my left ear a second time, placing my ear between 2 Ice Cubes to numb it, Heating a needle up with a lighter to "sterilize" it, and then she placed half a potato behind my ear, and pushed the needle through, then put in the earring.

When I was 16, I got my third and fourth earrings. My GF at the time and I were at the mall, we had a note "Signed" by my mother. I got a third piercing in my left ear, and one in my right ear.

A few years went by, I was 19 and I was off work one afternoon and I decided I wanted my nipple pierced. I called a few local tattoo shops and found one that had an opening that afternoon, and in I went and got my right nipple pierced.

In the late 90's I was forced to remove my ear piercings, due to working in the corporate world. At the time being male and having earrings wasn't quite like what it is today. As for the nipple, well if they didn't ask, I wasn't gonna tell.

In 2009. I had a good office job, and They did not mind men having earrings, so I went and got new earrings, to match my nipple ring, and they all went in my left ear just fine, well the third hole was closed and bled a little, but my right ear hole was really closed. Oh well, no big deal.

Feb 2012, My GF and I (she is now my Fiancee) took our daughter to get her ear pierced for her first birthday, and I decided to get my right ear re-pierced as well.

My Fiancee and I had been reading about a Daith piercing, which is supposed to help prevent or minimize Getting migraine headaches, which I have suffered from since the early 2000's. We were at my parents house visiting with my mother yesterday, and on the way home my Fiancee said, hey let's stop at the tattoo place, and see if they have time to get that piercing.

I got it done, Need a haircut though, getting scruffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment