Friday, December 18, 2015

Newsted Album Update + A Small Rant

I posted my original opinion of the Album here: http://daveswickedthoughts.blogspot.com/2015/03/newst3d.html

I just decided rather than update that post, to my regular readers, who may not go back to it, to make this new post. This album consistently makes its way back into my CD player, every week, and I listen to it for days. Great Album, From a Great Band, I look forward to the next one!

I waited until I found a physical copy locally to pick up this album, I found out later about the Deluxe Edition, which had a few extra tracks Including: Spiderbiter, Godsnake and Skyscraper. I also found out that the iTunes album got an exclusive song, The Differents, which turns out to be my favorite song on the whole album. Once I put my band together, We are going to play that one!


Here you go, Enjoy!



Which brings me to my Rant.

Why do Bands make separate albums? Don't they want to get their music out there?

Even had I bought the Deluxe Edition, I still would not have got the Differents, which as I stated, turns out to be my favorite song on the album.

As I prefer physical media, I don't download albums from iTunes, I never would have heard this song at all. I am one of those "Old Dogs" that prefer to have an actual CD in my hand. Sure, I immediately rip it to the computer, and burn a copy to have in the car, that way if it gets all beat up and scratched, I can just burn a new copy, But I still have the actual, original CD.

I don't know, it just seems weird to me to have 3 separate versions of the same album. Put the songs you want on the album, and get it out, fans shouldn't need to check how many different versions are out there.

Just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment