Sunday, August 18, 2019

Game Store and Half Price Books Pickups

I have had a stack of extras kicking around for a bit, had em listed on both craigslist and eBay. And have not had an action on them, so I decided to go check out a game store I saw a guy on YouTube go to a few times. It was Gamerheadz in a mall about a half hour from my house.

 
It is a nice large (not packed and cramped like a Gamestop) clean store, looked a little thin on product at first glance, but after I went in with my trade ins, I got to look around and I really had to take 3-4 trips around the store to find anything good. They have ALOT of common games, and of course the undesirable sports game stuff. Not really their fault since their stock depends on trade ins, but I thought the store was awfully big for such little selection offered.

Then there was the pricing. As usual another store that is so proud of their wares, they overpriced them. But I had trade credit to use, and knew we were not coming back here, so I had to try and find something in their selection of offerings. They had some PSP UMD Movies I would have been interested in, had they been priced decently.

Speaking of selection, they had a few cool items from collectors editions sitting out on display, but none of it was for sale? There were 2 Killzone 3 Helghast edition helmet busts in the store. I have been looking for one to mod L.E.D.'s into the eyes, but neither was for sale. My daughter also saw a Gears of War 3 Book she really wanted, but again, not for sale?

Anyway I did finally manage to find a Playstation 2 Racing game I had never heard of before.

It was complete and in good shape under all of the old stickers

**Side note** Why don't stores clean off all the old stickers from other game stores/retailers? To me it just makes them look lazy, and not care about presentation for their customers.

I was able to pick up a game for my 32X collection though. It was at the high end of what they go for online, but as my daughter pointed out my trade credit covered half of it, so figured why not.

 Complete
Not sure what the deal is with the plastic on the manual, will have to replace that at some point.

Overall we were not really impressed with the store, their selection or their pricing, so will not be headed back there anytime soon. 

But, the afternoon was redeemed as we went to Fuddruckers for lunch! I had not been to one in a very long time,10-15 years or so, and my daughter knew it was 3 blocks form the mall, and treated us all to lunch. It was very delicious!



On the way back we stopped at a Half Price Books, and well we scored some great stuff, way better than the dedicated game store!

First a couple PSP games




Then a couple games for the Original Xbox



And some Xbox 360 games as well




And finally, a Sega Dreamcast game
I have the fishing rod controller and Sega Bass Fishing, so why not?


That's it for this weekend, see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment