Monday, August 14, 2017

It's that time Again, Rant Inside!

It's been awhile since I have had a good Rant, And for me that is not normal, So.....



I am an avid reader, and have been for at least the last 32 years (could be longer, my years before I lived in California are a little fuzzy or just plain not there). I am one of those people when my "To Be Read" Pile of books gets down to 2-3, I get nervous and head out to Half Price Books.

Anyway, I have been noticing a disturbing trend over the last 10+ years. Spelling, Punctuation and Grammatical errors. I have been finding more and more of these in Professionally Published Books.
What is happening? I know society is just getting dumber and dumber, as the dumb people are out fucking the smart people, but come on?

And it is not just Books. I have found many of the same errors over the last 2 weeks on websites such as Kotaku and Jalopnik. 2 sites I peruse every Sunday. Aren't these people "Professional" Paid Journalists?

And, Job Ads. I am a Professional Data Compliance Analyst, and my current assignment ends in November, so I am also checking out the employment ads in search of a new and permanent position. Jobs in my line of work ask for a strong eye and attention to detail, Yet in the same ad they have one or more simple spelling errors, missing words, etc.. Seriously?

As far as books go, I personally think it is just publishers cutting costs, by skipping out on having an actual human proofreader, and "trusting" Microsoft Words (or whatever word processing software they use) spell check function. In writing my own book I know I see when I make mistakes, and Word does not catch them. As for the others mediums mentioned, I personally think it is just plain stupid, ignorant people, who have no pride in their work, and not enough brains in their head to notice, care, or are just plain lazy.

Seriously, book publishers, take some fucking pride in your product. I wonder how hard it is to get a proofreading job, maybe I should look into it. If it pays $3500.00 a month, I could work from home, what could be better than that? Where do I sign up? People always say if you are doing what you love, then you'll never work a day in your life, and I love reading.

That is all, I am sure this is going to fall on deaf, dumb and blind ears. But hey, I got it outta my system, For Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment