Saturday, December 24, 2016

Road Rash for Nintendo Gameboy

One of my absolute favorite game series of all time, is Road Rash. 

I have played hours and hours of this game on various systems. My favorite of course being the Sega Genesis. I do want to collect all the versions of Road Rash out there, just to have them, even if I will never play them, like on the 3DO, who can afford one of those just to play Road Rash.


In the summer of 2014 I came across this copy for the original Nintendo Gameboy at Savers. The cartridge was in pretty good shape, and was $2.99. When we went to check out, the cashier moved the game over to a pile of books we were buying, and never rang it up. I wasn't going to say anything, not my fault if they don't do their job right. So I ended up getting it for free, which was good because once I got it home, it didn't work.

I tried it in my Gameboy Color

I tried it in my Gameboy Advance

  

I tried it in my Gameboy Advance SP

 I tried it in my Gameboy Advance Player on the Gamecube

I tried it in my Super Gameboy

I took the cartridge apart, cleaned it really good, looked over the board, didn't see anything wrong. Oh well, will just have to keep an eye out for another copy I guess. Could even see if I could get one with a bad cart/label for cheap. At least it was free.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago, I was listening to a Sega Dreamcast Podcast, and they got off on a tangent, and someone had mentioned Road Rash on the Gameboy, and how it was like one of 10 original Gameboy games that will only work on the original Gameboy.

Now I have an original Gameboy, it was my sisters from back when, and I never did try the game in it.
And it worked!

I found it odd that I never thought to try it in the orignal Gameboy, but I always thought all original Gameboy games worked in the Gameboy Color and Advances, so didn't really think about it.

Listening to a Sega Dreamcast Podcast of all things, to find out about an original Gameboy Game, who woulda thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment