Thursday, June 23, 2022

PS2 Collection Curating

 I have been slowly starting to keep track of my video game collection, in an excel style spreadsheet program. So that when I am shopping online and what not, I know what games I already have, or what version of a game, etc.. The time came recently when it was time to do the Playstation 2 Collection. In  doing so, I came across a few things I thought would be fun to share. 


Here is a picture of the screen with the program open.

As you can see, I keep track of everything. Whether it is a Special Edition, Limited Edition, Collector's Edition, Etc.. As well as notating if it is a Greatest Hits Disc, has a Bonus Disc, Map, Registration Card, Etc..


While I was doing this I would need to go through and open each and every single game to check the contents. So I figured it was also a good time to switch over all the game cases to the ones with the Memory Card Holder style PS2 case.

I just prefer the Look and feel of these.


And while switching over cases as I went, I noticed that there were 3 different variations of the case without the memory card. Just something I thought I would notate for future knowledge.

One has a "large" PS logo in a box
One just has the "large' PS logo
One has a "small" PS logo

Closer up picture


Also while logging the games I noticed that Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance had this on the artwork.

But No Hint Guide in the case.

Well, That just would not do. I collect Hint Guides. So Off to eBay I went!


Ahhhh, that's better


Then I get to this game

Freedom Fighters

But, Mercenaries was in the case.

How did I not notice that before? Oh Well, Need to find a case and manual for Mercenaries now.

And add a Freedom Fighters Disc to my list of Cases & Manuals without a game to pick up.








No comments:

Post a Comment