Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Another Xbox Game from Another eBay Scumbag

I apparently don't learn. I had some money in my PayPal account, and was chasing after an original Xbox exclusive first person shooter, and decided to pull the trigger on eBay. And, yet again, I got screwed around.


I found a reasonably priced copy of a game I was looking for, from a seller with 100% Positive feedback. All they had for pictures were of the front and back of the case, the description stated disc was in good shape. There was nothing showing or noting about the manual, so I sent the seller a question asking if the manual was included.

Now, in the past this has been a fair waste of time, as most eBay sellers are apparently too good to answer questions from us pleebs, you know, their customers? However, this seller got back to me the same night stating the manual was included and in good shape as well. So I immediately placed a bid.

I ended up being the only one that bid on the item, and won it for $1.51 with $2.63 Shipping. So for $4.14 Total. I looked forward to getting and trying out the game.

2 Weeks pass, and I have yet to receive the game. I filed a claim with eBay for an item not received. eBay gives the seller a few days to respond. 2 days later the seller gets back to me with some story that the post office "messed up" and delivered it back to him, Yeah Right........ AND, if that were really the case, why wouldn't he have sent me a message to let me know? Or was he just hoping I would forget, so he could keep a whole four dollars? Is that what a persons reputation, decency, dignity and conscience are worth these days, four dollars?

Sooo, yet another 7 days go by, and I still haven't received the item, or communication from the seller. I escalate the claim to eBay. Then the next day (today as I write this) I finally receive the item.



And here it is


Chicago Enforcer

Complete and in good shape

However, the seller failed to show or disclose that the actual artwork had a sticker on the spine. WHY do places do this? WHY put a sticker, price tag, whatever on the actual artwork, WHY?

UGH!

If removing this damages the artwork, I have 2 reasons to give the seller his first Negative.

Came off ok, a quick swipe with some Goo Gone, and it was all good.

Disc looked good, barely any scratches at all, Booted right up.

I am going to have to think about using eBay less, is it really worth the hassle? I have recently stated, I have had more problems on eBay the last 6 months, than I have had in the entire previous 18 years. I attribute it to the decline of society. Decent people are few and far between, with scammers and general scum more prevalent. 

Oct 12th 5:25pm EDIT: I was re-reading this blog at work (Yes I am a fan of my own work) and realized #1 - I didn't use any foul language? If you have read my past blogs, especially the eBay ones, I tend to be a little foul mouthed. and most importantly #2 - I forgot to Name Shame the eBay seller who screwed me around this time, The winner is:

thewrestlingconnection (83) from somewhere in Oregon
97.8% positive feedback
 
He HAD 100% Feedback, coulda kept it too if he hadn't screwed me around



Back to Forza Motorsport 7!





No comments:

Post a Comment