Friday, September 29, 2017

Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition

It's here, THE game I have been waiting for this year, Forza motorsport 7.

Of course I got the Ultimate Edition

I pre-ordered the Forza Motorsport 7 Ultimate Edition last weekend (that's when I had the Hundred Bucks) assuming I would get this next week, on the official launch date of Tuesday October 3rd. There was a notice on the Xbox Home screen that pre-orders get the game 4 days early, Friday September 29th.

I assumed that was only for the digital editions, as they just send them to your Xbox/account digitally. I was quite surprised to get a notice from Amazon yesterday that my order for Forza Motorsport 7 had shipped? Well, apparently the early access applies to the physical versions of the Ultimate Editions as well. Whoo Hoo!   

The Ultimate Edition includes the game (of course) and download codes for the VIP membership, a Day One Car Pack which was revealed as 8 cars from the Fate of the Furious (that Plymouth GTX is Bad Ass) on Forzamotorsport.net, the Hoonigan car pack and the Car Pass which means I get all the monthly DLC car packs for free.

Got home from work today, and waiting for me in my mailbox was my shiny new game.

Enough talk, lets take a look at this thing!


Remove the slip cover and......

 I love steelbooks!


Game and DLC Code Card

Very Nice Artwork inside the Steelbook

Also for ordering form Amazon I got the Amazon exclusive Driver Suit and Helmet DLC. Now I am a little skeptical on the addition of the customizable drivers feature. Really, 98% of the time you only see the car, or out from the cockpit of the car when playing (unless racing a convertible or open cockpit race car), so I am unsure why Turn 10 thought this was a needed feature, But.... 

I have not yet played the game (Damn 60GB install) so cannot give a yay or nay to the decision, until Sunday, as I am going to be playing this bad boy all weekend!

I am going to record some gameplay for my YouTube channel, and will report back here Sunday with my impressions of the newest entry into the best video game racing game series available.

See ya on the track!

No comments:

Post a Comment