Monday, April 25, 2016

Sega Sports Dreamcast Pickup

I had never heard of the Sega Dreamcast until a few years ago. In 99 I was buying and playing alot of Playstation games. It wasn't until 2012/13 I heard of and found out about the Dreamcast.

First, before I got myself a Dreamcast, I had found 2 complete games at a Goodwill for 1.99 each, Test Drive 6, Which was one of the games/series I loved on the Playstation, and Demolition Racer No Exit, which was the same game as on the Playstation, which I have and loved to play as well.


In roughly December 2013, I saw an ad on Craigslist for a Dreamcast, with the Power and A/V Cords, a Blue Controller and Matching VMU for $20.00. Met the guy after work one night, and brought it home and tried out my 2 games I had found earlier that year. Just as I remembered them on the Playstation.

However, after awhile it started to bother me that all my other Sega Systems, my Model 1Genesis, Model 2 Genesis/CD/32X and Saturn were all Black, while the Dreamcast was White. Then I found out there was a Sega Sports Edition Dreamcast, that was Black with White Sega Logos, just like my other Sega systems. So I set out on a search to get a hold of one. I came close to getting a controller at a retro game store, I saw it in the case, and was trading in a bunch of misc stuff, and decided I would get it after they gave me my credit. Well, 20 minutes later, the controller was gone, Ugh!

A few came and went on craigslist, the cheapest being $75.00, or one that was in a huge lot the person was not looking to seperate, and ones that were just over priced, more than the $75.00 one.

So, last week I was perusing Craigslist, and I saw an ad for a Sega Sports Dreamcast, with 3 sports games, Mad Catz Controller :( , Blue VMU, the Power and A/V Cables for $40.00, Figured decent price, why not? Found out it was the same guy I got some other Sega stuff from 2 weeks ago (that blog HERE). Met up with him Friday, and Picked it up.

My $40.00 Haul

I hooked it up when I got home, and it works great! I am disappointed it didn't have the matching controller though, but it's just something else to keep on the hunt for. I am keeping the Sports Games, Sayyyyy Whaaaat? I don't have a large Dreamcast collection, so figure, why not add to what is there. 

The Games

The Controller

The VMU
Why are there so many damn blue VMU's? I have 3 now, and 1 complete in box Green one. 

And of Course, the Console

The plan since I first saw it was to remove the Sega Sports Logo, but I don't know now that I actually have it. Being that I really don't care about sports games, or sports in general, but where it is next to my Saturn, you can't even see the logo. I may in the future, hard to say, I can be impulsive sometimes.

Even with the Sports Logo, the Black one is Soooo Much Better Looking!

Throwing together the Mad Catz controller with my white Dreamcast, cables and extra Tomb Raider the Last Revelation game and going to sell as a lot, to re-coup my investment in my new (to me) Black Sega Sports Dreamcast.

Sold 5/3/16

I had my old white Dreamcast listed on my local Craigslist for $50.00, a guy responded to my ad, asked if it worked (I had several pictures with it turned on, game loaded, etc..) and when we met, he said he did not have any change, and handed me 3 $20.00 bills, but was fine with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment