Thursday, June 18, 2015

Utah Road Trip Game Hunting

While we were in Utah, we had to go Game Hunting. Couldn't go to a new/different area without doing some.

 We did hit up a Deseret Industries Thrift Store on Wednesday while waiting to be able to check in at the hotel. I was excited when I saw one of these, I have seen a few Youtubers hit these up with good results. We went in, and there were some game items, PS1 games for $1.00 (Sports games), Original Xbox and PS2 for $2.00 (Again, just Sports Games) and a PS1 console for $5.00, not bad.

 So Friday, we finally went out specifically Game Hunting. First place we went was Hastings. They are a Used/New media store with Video Games, Books, Movies and Music.


They had oh kay, prices on the games, but I just didn't find anything Video Game or Music wise (Yeah I am shocked too). But I ended up getting some books from two of my favorite authors:

I also picked up this Gear of War Energy Drink, Haven't tried it yet though, I am a Rockstar Addict. I call it Crack in a Can.


 My daughter got a cool Sonic the Hedgehog puzzle:

Which we put together promptly after we got home

 And my GF got some brand new Simpsons DVD's (she already had 1-4 & 8) as well:

 Next stop was a little Pawn Shop, they had some interesting stuff, but the prices were a lil high. Then we were getting hungry, and we saw a Sizzler! I hadn't eaten at a Sizzler since I lived in California 25 Years ago, We over stuffed ourselves, it was so Delicious!

 Then, we went to a store that was pretty awesome, and my daughter had been to Utah before to visit her sister and told me about it (She also brought me back Skate or Die and Robocop for the NES) Called Fun Unlimited. This place is HUGE and PACKED with Games. They also have Movies (VHS, DVD and Blu Rays) Books and Music. The store is probably 5 times as deep as it is wide. 

 I knew we were coming here, so I brought a bunch of extra 360 games I had and got $50.00 in Store Credit to spend. I coulda spent soo much more, Ok I did spend a lil More.


I was disappointed that they do not include the Genesis Game Cases with their games...... They use em for display, I really wanted the Aero the Acrobat WITH the case and manual ( I had and played the shit outta it way back when), but they wouldn't budge, so I mostly wrote those off, Except for one, See Below.

I did pick these games up though:

Got Sonic Unleashed for my daughter. When he pulled the Shenmue II out of the drawer, They keep em in paper sleeves, it did not include the DVD. But while he was casing the games I noticed another copy on the shelf behind the counter behind him, and asked "Does that one have the DVD?" he checked, and it did! He put it in my case. I also tried to get Fahrenheit for the Sega CD/32X, but they only had 1 of the 2 discs :(


And I also got these DVD's:
Death Tunnel is Really Good, I had a "backup" copy, it was filmed at the Waverly Hills Sanitorium

Also, while he was casing the games I noticed a Genesis cartridge on the shelf behind him, and it was a Large cartridge like a EA or Accolade game, but wasn't either of those. So I asked him if I could look at it, it was Stormlord by Razorsoft. 

I picked it up as well.

Here it is between Electronic Arts and Accolade Cartridges

I Intentionally did not look at any gameplay, or reviews or anything for this game, as I wanted to do a little game play video for my You Tube channel:



Overall, a pretty good haul, next time I go to Utah, We will fly NOT drive, I will definitely be going back to both these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment